Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thank you Coach Mary Ann!


If you started reading my blog back in June, you will know I hired a coach to train me for my first Marathon.  I was anxious about the Marathon and questioned why on I earth I signed up.  I didn't want to risk injury or death on the course!   I thought Coach MA would help me with tips, a training schedule and some motivation.  But Coach Mary Ann provided so much MORE!


She is an inspiration!!  Mary Ann is a two time IronMan (or as I like to say IronWoman and badass), a mother of 5 and one of the most genuine people I have ever met.


Although most of my training was virtual, she constantly inspired me and pushed me to do more. Over the course of my training we became great friends.  We actually spent more in-person time having fun, drinking wine, going to concerts, and most recently dancing up a storm at a friend's party.


My wonderful college buddy Mark W hosted his annual "Chillaxin into Fall" party and Mary Ann and her partner/fellow coach Rick were my "dates".  Thank you Mark for hosting an outstanding party!  I am glad after seven years I FINALLY attended.


She looks sweet but is really tough when she is coaching!


Despite becoming great friends, Mary Ann is completely serious when it comes to coaching.  She is all business when coaching and her devotion and passion is evident to anyone who spends time with her.  (and she just loves when I interupt her coaching to stop and take a photo! )

She also "coached" me on her thoughts of living life with INTENT.  Which also happens to be the name of her company.


Coach Mary Ann and Coach Rick




Contact Mary Ann at maryann@intentlife.com



I believe people come into our life for a reason, and I am truly thankful Mary Ann came into my life.  Running a Marathon is about teaching your legs to endure long runs but it is much more mental than physical.  With Mary Ann's coaching, I am ready... Body, Mind and Soul to RUN A MARATHON!!!  I still can't believe I am actually running a Marathon on Sunday.  But I am READY! 

If I can do it...you can do it...whatever your IT may be!

Posting is the last thing I am doing before I head out to the Marathon.  Woohoo!!!


Your friend Newbie,


No comments:

Post a Comment