Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Be Weird! Be Random!

Hello again!

Odd title, right?  This quote really resonates with me.  "Be Weird...Be Random...Be who you are... because you never know who would love the person you hide".

To me, this quote is not about actually being Weird and Random.  I can't be weird and random at my client presentation today!  It's about having the courage to be who you are.  We all have our public and private personas...okay maybe not all of us.  But, we might not have the courage to always be ourselves.   This blog is a perfect example.  I am a private person and at first was apprehensive about writing a blog and sharing my thoughts.  A few of my colleagues jokingly said they are reading my blog to psychoanalyze me... Can't wait for them to share their analysis with me :)

Writing this blog is totally out of character for me but I am really enjoying it!  I moved out of my box and tried something totally new.   In this case, I moved out of my box and shared part of myself to fundraise for RMHC.   I encourage everyone reading to do something "out of character".  Not necessarily something totally weird and random.  I don't want to be blamed for elicting odd behavior!  But I encourage you to do something new...TODAY!  I read somewhere, we should take a risk everyday.  That might be a little extreme, but take a risk TODAY...even a small one. Eat Falafels for the first time...ride the bike that you haven't ridden in years...start a blog :)

We often follow convention because it is easier than not...   But if you take a risk...even if it doesn't turn out EXACTLY the way you hoped...you will feel rewarded by at least making the effort.

I don't know who is following via daily email updates, but thank you for all the positive feedback to date.  Glad you find it inspirational and sometimes funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment