Sunday, May 20, 2012

No traffic at 3am

You might be thinking....Wow! Newbie must have had a night out on the town.   Um no....

I haven't been awake at 3am for a long time. I remember the last time I was, and I paid the price dearly the next day.

I did not choose to wake up at 2am today but I was "volunteered" by my wonderful daughter to chaperone a fundraising Relay Race.  Gabi and a team of 5 young women ran a relay race for 24 hours straight.  I am truly inspired by them!



One week ago, I would never guessed I would watch the sunrise from the football field of Hinsdale Central High School.  An example of you never know what life will bring you way!



I "ran" 6 miles with my friend Danielle this morning (after my 3-6 shift ended!).  I told her I would mention how much I hate running with a 31 year old.  She kept pushing me to go faster and farther.  I know I need to be pushed but still didn't like it today.  I was up at 2am this morning!  :)

My goal is to increase the running intervals and decrease the walking intervals until there is no (ok almost no!) walking during the Marathon.

I will recyclye one of my first quotes:  Marathoning...the TRIUMPH of DESIRE over reason!  But that quote does not only apply to training for a Marathon, it can apply to anything.  It is the triumph of a dream, goal, desire to overcome the voice in your head that might be saying...You can't do it.  Well that voice is wrong!  I say this to my children and I am sure  many of you do too...You can do anything you set your mind to.   Why do we say this to our children when we don't act this way ourselves????

Happy 18th Birthday to my fantastic son, Will!

Please donate and pass on this blog. 

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

NewbieMarathoner



No comments:

Post a Comment