Saturday, May 12, 2012

Woke up at 6am to run this morning...will need to get up much earlier this summer when it's hot!  Drove to the lake with my friend Jan with every intention to run 6 miles...but the weather did not cooperate.  It was windy and almost ready to rain.  Since we have 5 months to train we decided to run later.  We will not have that luxury as our training progresses.  We will have to run in rain, heat, humidity and whatever nature throws our way. 

Marathoning is not an elegant sport...it's not like tennis or paddle. A friend who recently ran her first marathon told me my toenails might turn black and fall off.   How glamorous!  I usually run solo with just my favorite music and nature to keep me going.  Lot's of time to think...and sometimes I actually come up with a good idea...like raising $10,000 and running a marathon.  I believe it's a great idea now...not sure I will feel that way after my 20 mile training run in September! 

I ran 4 sloooooow miles today...I do not want to share my time...let's just say I will not win any races!

I plan to run 6 miles tomorrow (my long run for the week)...only 20 more miles and I will run marathon distance.  Seems like an unattainable goal right now!  But that brings me to my quote for today...if you think you CAN...or you think you CAN'T...you are right!  I think I can...correction...I know I can :)

Please use the link below to Ronald McDonald House Charities to help me reach my $10,000 goal.

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



No comments:

Post a Comment