Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Woke up this morning thinking about all the mothers (and fathers) with sick children at Ronald McDonald houses across the country.  With two children of my own, Will 17 and Gabi 15 (she was born on Mother's Day),  I can only image what they are going through.  Please donate to this wonderful cause which provides housing to families to be be near their sick child.

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all my friends!  Especially my friend Ingrid, who is expecting twin girls in July. Very cleverly named Baby A and Baby B for now.  My friend Danielle, who is celebrating her first Mother's Day.  And also to my mother who I talk to everyday, is a wonderful person and still "mothers" me at 45 years old.  All these women and many more have been an inspiration in my life!

Love this Mother's Day Quote!!  "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever."  I think I am going to cry :)  This really resonates with me because my children are getting older and my son is going off to college soon.  I don't hold their hand very often but I always hold them in my heart.

I've invited a few friends to be guest bloggers.  If you are interested in guest blogging please contact me.  Everyone has a great story to tell and might inspire others to get moving too.  Maybe you are running your first 5K or starting a walking program.  Any activity is better than none!

Plan to run 6 miles today with my friend and mother Jan.  More on that tomorrow!  I'm sore from yesterday :)

Please donate today!  Think of all the families and children you will help with your donation...however large or small.
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Thank you!
Newbiemarthoner



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting Philip! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete