Friday, May 11, 2012

Marathon Training Kick Off Day!  May 11th, which is also my daughter's 15th birthday, is my official kick off day for my training.  I didn't actually train today but attended the Ronald McDonald House Charities kick off luncheon.  :)  The actual running part starts tomorrow. 

I signed up for a crazy high goal of $10,000 and the only way I can reach it is through your generous donations and passing on my blog to anyone who might be interested.  I hope to use social media to reach my lofty goal.

The kickoff luncheon was an inspiration...the team started a few years only with only a few members.  Last year RMHC team raised almost $500k and this year the goal is $550!  The Chicago marathon raises about 2 million dollars each year. 

The quote I heard over and over again today was...If you don't start...You can't finish...  So true!  Set your goal high (whatever it may be) and get moving! 

I posted what I think is a funny video from the Shamrock Shuffle.   I will post more about how and why I am actually running my first marathon over the next few posts. 

And please donate today.
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

Thank you!
NewbieMarathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment