Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Free Coffee, Collection Jar and Expressway On-Ramps

Don't be surprised if you see me with a coffee cup asking for donations.  A few days ago, at my usual spot, I jokingly requested a free cup of coffee since it was Mother's Day.   This coffee shop is not known for giving away free tall soy lattes, but I received one that day!  That brings me to my motto... not sure if it's a quote...don't know if I made it up or stole it from somewhere.  Always ask for what you want...all someone can say is no... (but they usually say yes!)  So, I am asking you to please donate to RMHC.

Today I had the brilliant idea (okay maybe not so brilliant!)  to create a collection jar and ask my colleagues to clean out their desks and donate any spare change.  Yes... I heard all the jokes about asking for money on the expressway on-ramps, etc.  I will not take that approach...yet!  But, as my deadline nears, you might see me with a coffee cup asking for donations.  I know my friend Jan would be thrilled to join me.  Actually if I asked her, she should probably text me and say NFW...took me a few minutes to realize what that stood for the first time she used it :)
Thank you to my first donors/coworkers: Doug, Philip, Gail, Mr Potato Head (aka Brent), Shaukat Jay, Kathy and David.

I've been called a "pushy dame" recently...but I hope it was just a joke...I like to think of myself as determined, driven and passionate but not pushy :)


This week I will start sharing the stories of the children and families who benefit from your generous donations.

Please donate today


NewbieMarathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment