Tuesday, May 29, 2012

You never know what the day will bring...

Hello everyone,

You never know what the day will bring...I learned a new word and met some interesting people this weekend.

First about the new word.  I will not mention the word but depending who you ask or if you look it up in the dictionary, it can be considered a vulgar word.  When the word was used in conversation, and I asked what it meant...the 4 other adults at the table had a great laugh.  They could not believe I had never heard the word before.  Later I asked my 15 year old daughter and she also had a good laugh!  At least my ignorance is making people laugh :)  If you know me and are interested I can tell you the whole story but this is a family appropriate blog so I will not divulge it here.

I also met some interesting people completely by chance at Starbucks.  A chiropractor who is very passionate about his work, his wife who is mother of five/a nurse/ and a singer in a rock group!   A triathlete who lives in Hinsdale and is Cuban. He said he was only allowed to move into Hinsdale because the Hinsdalians thought he would mow their lawns.  Very funny! 

And...Bo Jackson.    I don't follow sports (but I like to go to games/drink beer/eat hotdogs) but I know he is a famous Sox player.  I'm sure his career was impressive but I what found impressive is that he was a super nice guy and recently organized a charity bike event.  He raised money for the tornado victims in Alabama.   He didn't need to organize a charity fundraiser but he did!

I do have a point to all this...hopefully I usually have a point/message in my blog!  You never know what life will bring your way if you stay open to it.... Here's to being open to life and all the opportunities/people/joy/experiences and sometimes challenges it brings!




Please donate
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020
Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment