Friday, May 18, 2012

First Official Training run with Coach Mary Ann

Hello everyone!

I received a few feedback comments so far.  All positive but please keep your feedback coming and feel free to comment directly on the blog.

Well...I'm pooped!  I had my first official training run with my coach today.  She pushed me to run farther than I have in a long time...hope I am not too sore tomorrow. 

As Charles mentioned, I've been run/walking too.  When I trained for my first half I was pretty happy with my time as a Newbie HalfMarathoner.  2:25 minutes wasn't too bad considering the 40 mile per hour wind gusts and Lake Michigan trying to drown me :)  But my next two halfs were slooooooow.  Ran Chicago Half in September...it was hot and sunny... and I didn't really train like I should have.  The next one was the  December Vegas Rock and Roll Half.  I considered it more of a "fun run".   Who wants to take running seriously during a trip to Vegas!

Since then I've been a real slacker!  Or I like to think, I was taking a break and adding a layer of fat to carry me thru the cold winter months :)

Today I "ran" 6 miles.  Still recovering from my cold so my coach started slow to see what I could do.  I really am a lazy runner.  When I feel like walking... I walk...look at the trees...the birds...enjoy the breeze. 

But not today!   At first we ran 1/4 mile and walked 1/4 mile...then ran 1/2 mile and walked 1/4 and then she pushed me to run 3/4 mile and walk 1/4.  We finished the 6 miles using that system.  The first mile really is the most difficult and then it gets easier...ok just a bit easier!

Commemorated our first run with a photo.  Mary Ann is the super fit one on the left. 

Carpe Somnium!  Seize the dream!  Whatever your dream may be!


Please donate

http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



No comments:

Post a Comment