Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hello my name is Sue,

I never ran one mile before I turned 40.  Sounds like something from an Alcohol Anonymous meeting!  But the truth is I never ran a mile before I turned 40.  I walked and hiked but never ran.  Even in high school I was never very athletic.  But now, at almost 46 I decided to run a marathon.  What am I thinking!  I hope my journey will inspire you to run, walk or start any type of physical activity.  I also hope to raise $10,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities.  I decided if I was fundraising I might as well think big!  Please support me in my fundraising and follow my blog.  I will post a link to my fundraising page this weekend. 

As I said in my first posting, this is my first blog.  I never even read a blog before but I thought it would be a great way to connect with the "crowd" and raise money for a wonderful cause.

Tomorrow is the official kick off for the Ronald McDonald House Charity team.  The marathon is less than 5 months away and I really need to get my butt in gear.  I have been a real slacker lately...  I sure you can relate...I have so many excuses not to run...it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too windy.  Well no more!  Less than 5 months and counting!  I hope this will inspire you to set your own goals, for physical fitness or whatever is important to you.

I will post some of my favorite quotes in most blogs.  Today's quote is from Maya Angelou.  My dear friend and mentor Cynthia, gave me a card with this quote.  "I believe the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity, is daring to dare."

No comments:

Post a Comment