Sunday, September 9, 2012

13 seconds!

Ran the Chicago half marathon today and I missed my personal best by 13 seconds...So close!! 

 But the good news is I ran 13.1 miles at an 11:03 average.  If I can keep this pace at the marathon I will easily hit my 4:55 goal.  But the marathon is DOUBLE a Half...hence the name :)

I ran by myself and the weather was almost perfect!  Cool and overcast would have been perfect but I am NOT complaining about the weather today.

Unfortunately my good friend and running buddy is injured and struggled today.  But being the strong and determined woman she is, she still finished.  I am hoping she heals quickly...sharing victories is much better.  Get well soon Jan!!!

My good friend Sharlene came out to cheer me on again today.  She meet me at the 2 mile mark and came back to meet me at the finish line.  It was awesome to see a friendly face at the finish line.  Thanks Shar!!!

And congrats to my new friend Sheila who ran  her first Half marathon today!

This is the first time I have run the same race twice.  Last years' time was 2:52 but this year I ran the same race in 2:25.  With a positive attitude to give it another try, I proved to myself that despite the odds one can do better.

20 mile run next week and the marathon is 4 weeks from today.  Yikes and double yikes!!! :)

More tomorrow after I buy a laptop...

Please donate

Your friend newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment