Monday, September 10, 2012

2012 Chicago Half Marathon Part 2


I was much more determined to meet a time goal at this race than I ever have been before.  The Marathon is less than 4 weeks away and it's time to get serious!

When I mentioned I was getting more serious to my chiropractor (who is an Ultra Marathon runner) he laughed.  He said "I can tell from watching the videos of your runs and the photos you take while running that you are getting much more serious" :)

Well...I did not take a single photo or video on this run so I really am getting more serious...OK only slightly more serious...

My attitude toward running HAS changed...at first I was apprehensive about IF I really could run these long distances and over 30 miles per week.  But my initial apprehension and fear has turned into excitement and nervous anticipation.

After running my most recent Half Marathon in almost record time, I know I CAN run the Marathon.  Don't get me wrong, I still can't believe I will actually run it but I know I CAN and I WILL :)





Right after crossing finish.  Silly photo holding my medal :)


PS.  Congrats to Canadian Jen (aka Run it my way blogger) on finishing her first marathon and becoming a MARATHONER!

PSS..  Overcome  my shin splints but now I have heel pain.  Guess my cute shoes with high heels will have to wait until after the marathon. :)  Not sure all the sacrifices are worth it...on second thought...yes they are!




Your friend Newbie,

No comments:

Post a Comment