Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My first 20 mile run :)

I can't believe I am typing this...I ran 20 Miles on Sunday!!!!  The farthest I have ever run before Sunday was a mere 16 miles a few weeks ago.  It might not seem like a big jump...just 4 more miles...but it IS.  Running the 4 extra miles took about 45 minutes.  Running (no walking) for 45 minutes was a huge step for me just a few weeks ago.


Adding the next 6.2 to the 20 I ran will take a little over an hour.  Again, running an hour straight was an accomplishment at the start of my training.



With my coach's voice inside my head...That's it...YOU CAN DO IT!  I finished in 3:56 :)  I had a few SLOW miles but most were in the 11-11:15 min ish pace.  Yeah!  I feel confident I can add 6.2 more in a little less than 3 weeks.

Some photos of my run....




Hoping for a good run!  Confident but slightly anxious.


Mile 4ish...feeling good!  cool weather helps!
 
Mile 9--woo hoo!
 
 
 
Close to finishing.  I am tired and HOT!  But happy I ran the entire way and will RUN across the finish line :)
 

So with less than 3 weeks until the BIG DAY, our RMHC coach Charles recommends being careful until race day.  For me that mean,  no bike accidents, trips and falls and No skydiving! Sky diving is on my list, but it can wait. Mostly because I am terrified of the idea!
 
A few final photos and thoughts coming....

Please donate :)

Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment