Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A little late in the game...

Actually a little late in my training but I finally went to a run form clinic!  It was a good experience and luckily my "run form" is good enough.  I don't want to make any changes with the marathon a little over a week away.

We learned how to use the foam roller to hit our trouble spots.  Code for...use the roller until you find a spot that really hurts and then keep using it to cause more pain!!!   The phrase NO PAIN NO GAIN comes to mind :)

Today's clinic learning keeps with my current theme of pushing past the pain...NO REGRETS later...use the roller to find the pain and "roll" through it.  Feel the "pain" during a long run and push through it.  It might sound masochistic but the "pain" needs to be pushed through to move forward and achieve your goals!


“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
Anais Nin


PS.  It's really interesting, I am starting to meet people who have read my blog before actually meeting me.   So 2012 :)  Thanks to social media we know so much about people before we even met them.  Not sure that is a good thing :)

Please donate!  Do I need to remind you again...ONLY 10 days until Marathon and blog farewell :)

Your friend Newbie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment