Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I don't know what the future holds....

Well...as I've said before...I don't know what the future holds :)

I was looking forward to a run in the rain this morning (per my last blog), but by the time I returned from an appointment, the sun came out and the cool morning turned into a sunny and HUMID afternoon.  I said I have to stop commenting and complaining about the weather so I should not give any further details...but it was about 80 degress and 60% humidity by run start time!

I really don't dread running in the rain but I do dread running in the heat and humidity...and at mid-day!  Something I have managed to avoid until today.  But, "It's only weather"  and "the weather should not effect my legs".  So I decided to brave it :)

Decided I would try a new route so I parked at my local coffee hangout and ran in the surrounding neighborhood.  It was hot but I decided I had to be ready for any weather conditions and this was good training.

If I were really tough...I would run in the full sun the entire 6 miles and not run from side to side of the street searching for a small patch of shade :)

The moral of this story is...it didn't kill me :)  I wish I had a pool to jump into after my run...but it didn't kill me :)  And...the second moral is GO FOR IT :)  Whatever your "IT" may be...  You can do "IT" :)

Just a short run on Friday morning and then the Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday.  It's funny when I think that a HALF marathon is considered a "cut back" week.  I will write it here so I will be more accountable...I hope to set a personal Half Marathon record on Sunday.  My personal best was my first Half a little over one year ago.  I need to beat 2:25!

I know I am getting redundant with my posts so please feel free to find a more interesting blog to read.  Remember I am a newbiemarathoner and a newbie blogger :)

A mere 31 days left to Marathon and blog farewell

Your friend Newbie

PS.  I need to invest in a PC...I am a newbie IPAD user too...and still need to figure things out....I don't seem to be able to see and correct my entire post...so forgive typos and anything that doesn't seem to make sense :)




No comments:

Post a Comment