Sunday, September 23, 2012

Last minute change of plans...

As often happens in life I had change of plans...  I was planning to wake up at 415am for the Fort to Base Race but had a change of plans.  Luckily my plans changed before I had to wake up at 415am!

I didn't run the Fort to Base race but I still ran my 11.5 miles on Sunday.  I can't believe an 11.5 mile run is considered a "Taper" run.  Didn't feel like a taper at about 10 mile!

But it was a beautiful day for a run.  Cool (almost cold at 7:30am) and sunny.  All summer I was like a vampire avoiding the sun but today I was searching it out.  When I wasn't in the sun it was COLD.

I had a good run and with my coach's voice inside my head, I "emptied the tank" on my last few miles.  I really pushed the last few miles...endure some temporary pain...no regrets later!

It was windy at the lake but not too windy.  The waves on Lake Michigan were incredible!  I had to stop at Mile 8 to enjoy the scenery...and of course take a video!  Hope you enjoy the majestic beauty.  Reminds me of the Bucket List movie.  "See something majestic" was on the list.  I've seen the lake many times but the raw power of the waves was incredible today and I believe it could qualify as majestic.


Click here for video...I don't think it works on iphones...Sorry!!!






Please donate...Less than 2 weeks until marathon and blog farewell!  I've enjoyed posting and I hope you enjoyed reading.  I really had no idea how to write a blog or what to write about when I started but I am happy I took a chance and tried it. 

Your friend Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment