Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Turning Impossible Into Inevitable


I borrowed the title from a RMHC team blog written by Coach Brendan.  I thought there were only 150 runners but recently learned Team RMHC is 458 runners strong.  How exciting to be part a group that is not only training for the marathon but focusing some of their energy and passion on fundraising.


When I signed up for the Marathon...I kept thinking...what am I thinking!  It is surely impossible!  But after almost 20 weeks of training...and with my mind, body and heart committed to this goal...I AM turning the Impossible into the Inevitable!  And as I always say...if I can do it...you can do it...whatever your IT may be.  Go for it!  You will not regret it!


In less than two weeks I'll be standing at the START of the 2012 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, and I'd be MOST grateful to have your support as I run for a purpose greater than myself--for the purpose of helping the children and families served by Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Please take a few minutes out of your busy day to watch the video "the house that love built".  It is a short reminder of how lucky we all are and how some are not as fortunate.   You can make a difference in the life a child today!  

Shave a few minutes off your lunch, skip reviewing the sports scores or watching the popular Utube video and take that time to donate instead.  I'm giving back in the small way that I can and I ask you to please do the same.

The house that love built
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eGln17bedg&feature=relmfu


Please donate, 11 days until Marathon and blog farewell...

Your friend Newbie

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!! I think it's awesome that you're running on a team with Ryan for the day - he's running for RMHC too :)

    ReplyDelete