Saturday, September 22, 2012

2 weeks and counting!



Running my last official race before the Marathon.  Waking up at 415 am for a 7am start of the Fort to Base Race.

It is the second annual race at Great Lakes Naval Station and Fort Sheridan.  I haven't visited either place so it should be FUN!! (except the getting up at 4:15 am part)!  Just a mere 11.5 miles for this race.  Piece of cake compared to last week's 20 mile run.  :)

It will be 38 degrees at race start so this time I am wearing my cold weather gear and a hat/gloves.  Huge change from my training gear this summer and even last week!


From the time I started keeping track on Friday May 11, I've logged:

  • 150 workouts (bike, run, strength/pilates),
  • 620 total miles of run/bike!

The Marathon seems so close yet so far away. I feel like I have been training FOREVER! I will enjoy a little less structure to my running schedule but I will miss the training too.  Never thought I would say that!!

I should be sleeping but I am blogging because I volunteered for post homecoming pick up.  What was I thinking!

This picture has nothing to do with running or my training but since homecoming is the reason I am blogging when I should be sleeping...I thought I would include it.






Race update tomorrow...

Please donate :)  Fundraising total is approaching $6,000.  But only 14 days, Yes 14 days til Marathon and blog farewell.  Please take a few minutes and donate today.  The children of RMHC really need your donations!  You can make a difference in the life of a child today.

Your friend Newbie



No comments:

Post a Comment