Monday, September 3, 2012

"Stuff you should know"


I am not referring to stuff you should know about me...you already know too much :) I am referring to my favorite (and only Podcast) I listen to. My son Will introduced me to "Stuff you should know" about 2 years ago so I thought I would introduce it to you.

Did you know there is a 10,000 year clock currently being built in a secluded mountain location?

The podcasts are quite random and feature such interesting topics such as :

  • Are stupid people happier? (I haven't finished this one yet...)

  • Have all the good ideas already been discovered?

  • How a nuclear meltdown works

  • A Podcast to remember (I remember this one...it was on memory...I think :))



Had to skip my 18 mile run this weekend because I was not 100% by Monday.  If I ran it later in the week it would be too close to the Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday Sept 9th.  I was able to run 10 miles on  Monday and in record time. :)

Maybe it was my cool new compression running socks that gave me the added speed :)


A silly photo to show off my nerdy socks


Jan said I looked like a complete dork.  She was right but I didn't care.  Only a good friend would tell you the truth :)



Watching the sunrise was inspiring!


Your friend Newbie,

No comments:

Post a Comment