Saturday, September 29, 2012

Marathoning... the triumph of desire over reason


The Marathon is one week and one day away!!! 

I mistakenly quoted the wrong stats in one of my earlier posts.  It really was a mistake...not like Paul Ryan and his false Marathon time. :)

Correction:
120 training sessions-run/bike/swim/strength (not 150 as previously stated)
107 total hours
583 miles run/bike
Over 34,000 calories burned (which is really funny because I actually GAINED weight while training--and no I don't think it's "muscle weight" :) )

Just a mere 5 mile and 6 mile run next week...actually I was hoping for shorter distances but as I said before my Coach is a badass :)



I've trained a total of 107 hours for a 5 hour race. Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!!

Will I do it again??? Not sure :) Ask me a few months AFTER the marathon :)


I started writing this blog and named it NewbieMarathoner a few months ago.  I felt like a 46 year old newbie when I started blogging...but after my 20 mile run...don't feel much like a newbie anymore!

See below for before and after photos :)


One of my first training runs.  It was HOT and Humid!! I was tired!!




Minutes before my 20 miler...cool and collected...and slightly nervous :)

Still don't really consider myself an athlete or a runner.  Which I know is probably odd considering I will be running a Marathon in a week.  If I am an athlete, as coach Mary Ann always says, I am an "accidental athlete".  I never read the book "Accidental Athlete" but it probably describes me. 

46 year old who didn't run a step until 40 :)  Now running a Marathon--I guess anything is possible!!!  I will keep saying it...If I can do it...You can do it...whatever your IT may be!


“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
Anais Nin

Please donate...Only 7 days left to help the children and families of RMHC.  Isn't it worth a few minutes of your time???

Your friend Newbie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment