Monday, August 20, 2012

48 days until Marathon!! $4,948 raised :)


I can't believe it's only 48 days until the Marathon!  I've logged many miles in my training with MANY more to come.  It's been an INTERESTING experience so far and I know the Marathon will be an experience I never forget.

Thanks to your generous contributions we raised $4,948 for Ronald McDonald House.  The RMHC Marathon team has raised almost a 1/4 of a million dollars!  Thank you Thank you Thank you from the RMHC team and the children/families who benefit from RMHC.   I'm only $52 away from the half way point of my goal...PLEASE donate now or consider adding to your donation :)


Having another countdown of sorts, Will is going away to college this weekend.  He will not be home again until Thanksgiving but I will see him off this weekend and visit Tulane Homecoming in November so it won't be that bad.  (I hope--no crying--still upper lip :))

After my 16 miler celebrated with a going away dinner for Will.  Since I shared so many photos of Bree I thought I would share some of Will too.



Will and friends dressed up for Renaissance fair





My baby boy

Similar to the children of RMH, Will started his life by spending an extra week in the hospital.  He is completely healthy now and his experience does not compare to the challenges faced by the children who benefit from RMH but I can empathize with the families.  More on that when I write my RMHC guest blog...

Glancing through my little quote book this morning, I was struck by this quote.

"Don't be afraid your life will end.  Be afraid it will never begin"
-Grace Hansen



Will is starting a new chapter in what I know will be a long, happy and fulfilling life. 


Your friend Newbie,

PS.  Not too sore today.  My compression socks, Advil and a bath with epsom salts really helped.  But, wearing flats again today :)

PSS.  WXRT just announced a budget show with World Party on Aug 30th at Cubby Bear.  $5 tickets were still available this morning. 

"Put the message in the box
Put the box into the car
Drive the car around the world
Until you get heard"

-World Party


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,948 with a $10,000 goal...only 48!!! more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



No comments:

Post a Comment