Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lollapalooza Day 1

NOTE:  this post has nothing to do with running or inspiration :)  But, as always I continue to write to raise money for RMHC.

Getting to our hotel was a comedy of traffic errors.  I knew where I was going but could not get there.  Have you ever experienced that when driving in the city?  It reminded me of driving to the Marathon last year at 4am! (and I wasn't even running last year)  During our traffic escapade Bree asked me "Are we tourists?"  I said no but I sure felt like one when I couldn't manage to get to our hotel :)

Loola was awesome!  I love the "mixed" crowd.  I felt old at times but the people watching is so interesting.   It was HOT and STEAMY!  I should count how many times I've written the word HOT in my blog so far:)


Passion Pit, M83 and the Black Keys were all great and the crowd (as long as you are on the outskirts) is so much FUN! 

Room service at 10pm was delicious!  Air conditioning is a wonderful thing after many hours in HOT and STEAMY weather (2 mentions in this posting already :))



A short Loola break this afternoon...off to the Shedd Aquarium.  Seeing FUN! later this afternoon.  I told Bree "The only things on our agenda today is seeing FUN! and having fun"  Of course, this received an  eye roll and a sarcastic "you are hysterical mom".  :)


Running my own personal HALF marathon tomorrow.  At least it will not be as HOT and STEAMY as it will be today (3rd mention!)



No time for a Loola collage today...so I just posted a few photos and a video
On our way to Loola! 


Wine tent was awesome!  The sofas were inflatable.  I want one :)

Great crowd at Passion Pit! 



Your friend Newbie,

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,698 with a $10,000 goal...only 64 more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment