Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A walk (or should I say run) down memory lane....




From my little book of quotes: 

It always comes back to the same necessity: go deep enough and there is a bedrock of truth, however hard.
-May Sarton

I will let you ponder that quote today...feel free to comment or email me your thoughts directly.  I will share the most brilliant thought in my next post :)




With a mere 40 days left until the marathon...I looked at some previous photos and wanted to share a few with you for inspiration.  Although I might be freezing and drenched (like I was in my first half marathon) or hot and tired (like I was in many others), in the finish line photos I always have a HUGE smile on my face.  I am happy the race is over but mostly I am proud of pushing myself and striving to achieve something I never thought I would do.




My first Half Marathon May 2011.  We were drenched!  40 MPH winds and rain!  My hands were numb from the cold.  But it was so worth it :)

Chicago Half Marathon Sept 2011,  I hadn't really trained for my next Half. It was HOT and SUNNY! I was drenched again and tired but still smiling :)
Rock and Roll Vegas Half.  It was COLD and downpoured right after we finished.  It felt strange running at night.


 
Shamrock Shuffle March 2012.  My first race for 2012.  Notice the green hat for St Paddy's Day :) Pre-race photo
Chicago Rock and Roll August 2012.  10 miles down...3.1 left to go!   My friend Shar came out to cheer me on and captured this moment :)

    In a mere 40 days...what photo will I share after running this 26.2 mile course?  I don't know what the future will bring...but I hope...and I bet... I will still be smiling :)  Follow your heart, pursue your dreams and you will be smiling too :)


    Looking at this map makes me NERVOUS!


 


Your friend Newbie,


     

No comments:

Post a Comment