Tuesday, August 7, 2012

They say you can't run away from your troubles...

They say you can't run away from your troubles, I say you can!

-John Bingham


Not sure I agree with John...so I will ponder this Wednesday morning during my 5 mile run...and then again on Thursday morning during my 8 mile run...and then again on...you get the idea :)



I feel like I am starting to get redundant in my posts...and BORING!  Hopefully my short vacation to Whistler will give me inspiration.



Belated birthday dinner at new Sushi restaurant...Woow.  Wow!  It was delicious and I loved the decor. 





I sat at my "thinking spot" after dinner trying to come up with an inspirational or amusing idea for my blog...but no luck....

I thought...how do I know the term "thinking spot"?   I think it's from Winnie the Pooh.  So here is a photo of my "thinking spot"  and Winnie's.

Do you have a "thinking spot"?  I would love to hear about your Thinking spot.


My thinking (thoughtful) spot






“Pay attention to where you are going because without meaning you might get nowhere.”
A.A. Milne



Wednesday morning update

Ran only 4 miles this morning.  Damn!  It was humid.  But, I didn't walk, I really WANTED to walk for a bit but I didn't.   I hope it's less humid for my 8 mile run on Thursday. 

I went thru a country music phase a while back and Shaina Twain was randomly selected on my Nano today.  "UP" and "Man, I Feel Like A Women" are kind of silly but fun to run to.  During "I Feel like a Woman", I kept thinking YES I feel like a SWEATY and trail dust covered woman.  I don't think that is what Shaina had in mind when she wrote the lyrics :)

Congrats to Canadian Jen (aka "run it my way" blogger) on her 20 mile training run!!!!  I am most apprehensive about the 20 miler...I figure for the actual Marathon...even though it is 26.2 miles...the crowd and excitement will PUSH me to the finish line!  Not sure what will push me during the 20 miler...Maybe the thought of NOT being last will motivate me :)



Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,748 with a $10,000 goal...only 61 more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment