Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Canada!

Will update more later but just wanted to say BC Canada is absolutely breathtaking!!!  And... I already planned my running path for tomorrow.

So a quick funny story...

Mistakes Americans make when visiting Canada (at least these 2 Americans :))

  1. Ordering a hamburger with American cheese.  The waitress looked at us like we were crazy!  (OK...Bree did this on a previous visit when she was younger...but it's still funny!)
  2. Absentmindedly giving someone American currency and looking surprised when they give you back Canadian dollars (I did this today!) 
  3. Ask "Where is the nearest Starbucks?" when you know that Tim Horton's is the popular coffee shop.  In fact, our driver said "Tim Horton's is like crack to Canadians"  I already knew that from visiting Toronto and talking to friendly Canadians...but I forgot!
More faux pas will be posted later...





View from our balcony

Short video of scenery


    It is so easy to run here!  I was anxious about the altitude and getting a raging headache from it but so far so good.  It is cool and crisp in the morning.  The terrain is varied and perfect for running.  I don't WANT to come back...  But not sure I could find employment in Whistler.

    Let me think what could I do...

    Ski Bum/Instructor?  I can't ski

    Waitress?  Never waitressed before

    Market Research consultant?  Not much call for that in Whistler!

    So I will have to keep brainstorming....


    You can run forever here!  Paved and gravel paths :)


    Mist on Lost Lake is captivating

    After 5 miles!  Hardly broke a sweat!



    PS.  I didn't get lost or mauled by a bear :)


    Your friend Newbie,


    Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,848 with a $10,000 goal...only 58!!! more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

    Link to my blog
    http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

    Link directly to donation page
    http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment