Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another run today? Are you kidding me? :)

Back to back running days!  Just a mere 8 miles on Thursday morning...Well I didn't quite finish the 8 miles today....I have to be honest!   I "ran" out of time before I had to head to an appointment. 

I only ran 5 miles...a few months ago...I would have said I ran/walked 5 miles...but now I say I ONLY ran 5...how funny!!!  5 is short compared to my upcoming runs.  Oh well...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)

During my run this morning a deer was right in the middle of the trail.  It didn't run away when I approached...so of course I had to stop and take a picture.  I would like to thank the deer for giving me a reason to stop and take a short break at the 3.5 mile mark :)





Since I stopped to take a photo of the deer I thought you might be interested in a photo of my usual running trail.  This is a one of the many hills...I know you are thinking...Hey Newbie...that doesn't look like a hill...but believe me it FEELS like a hill when you are running up it.



One of many hills




I was flipping thru a little book of quotes this morning looking for some blog inspiration.  This quote really resonated with me today and it relates to the Marathon too.



There is only one real sin and that is to persuade oneself that the second best is anything but second best
-Doris Lessing

For me, this relates to the Marathon because I could set a goal to just FINISH my first Marathon (and probably only Marathon) or I could set a high goal of 4:55 (for me this is high).   Many times during my training runs, I think maybe I should just change my goal to just finishing.  But then I realize...especially after reading today's quote that it would be only SECOND best.  We only have ONE life to live (and in my case one Marathon to run!) so we should not persuade ourselves to settle for second best...  You might not agree...so feel free to add your comments :)



PS.  it just occured to me...if my Coach reads my blog today she will tell me to run the remaining 3 MILES tonight! 

Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,748 with a $10,000 goal...only 60 more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment