Thursday, August 2, 2012

A shout out to all the runners/walkers/and bikers!

I heard a Jimmy Cliff song recently and I thought it was great INSPIRATION for the Marathon.  To Jan, Florida Jen, Canadian Jen, Shar, Danielle, Gail, Danna, Doug, Philip, and Shaukat and all the runners/bikers/walkers/hikers out there... this is for you!

Jimmy Cliff's Lyrics

You can get it if you really want
You can get it if you really want
You can get it if you really want

But you must try,

try and try

Try and try,

you'll succeed at last

************************************************



For my version of the song...Just substitute the word RUN for TRY And DO for GET :)



If you want to hear the entire song (in it's original form)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EAqHx2lMk


And, thank you Charles (our RMHC running coach and inspirational leader) for reminding us in our RMHC team email that we will run more than 5 Half Marathon over the next 67 days of our training.  Somewhat motivating but mostly scary!!  Your emails are always informative and very amusing.



Speedwork today was tough!  Started later than I had planned so it was starting to get hot and sunny.  My schedule added 3 additional intervals this week (was supposed to add 4 but I "ran" out of time)  So I ran a total of 7 intervals of 1/2 mile each plus one mile warmup and 1/2 mile cool down.  Significantly improved my average time from last week.  I added 3 extra intervals and still improved my average time!  Woohoo!  I am really happy with that.  I kept thinking about the Olympics and pretended a Kenyan was racing next to me :).

Thank you coach MA for being such a "ballbuster" :).  You are AWESOME!!!  Two day vacation from training officially starts now!



Yeah!  My running buddy is back in town :)


Jan bought me this really cool shirt at the Olympics.  I will wear it next week for my speedwork and I will feel even more like an Olympic athlete :)


PS.  To anyone reading who doesn't have a running coach...you can still do it!  I usually run alone (including today).  But, my coach's voice is in my head..."That's it...you can do it...dig deep...it needs to be a little uncomfortable!    It's mind over matter!" 

I like to run with friends...but even when Jan and I "run" together...we usually don't run side by side...we have different goals for the marathon.

As coach Mary Ann always tells me...you need to run your OWN race...I believe that is a metaphor for life too :)  So...go out there today and RUN YOUR OWN RACE :)



PSS.  If you are going to Loolapoloza this weekend, see the link below.  I probably will not attend most of them (mostly following Bree's schedule) but thought it might be helpful for anyone else.


Passion Pit is first on our agenda for tonight!  Possibly followed by a few minutes of watching Black Sabbath before heading over to watch the Black Keys.  Bree is excited (but not about Black Sabbath!  should be entertaining for a few minutes though)

Rolling Stone – a link to 10 recommended don’t miss acts.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10-must-see-acts-at-lollapalooza-20120801?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Your friend Newbie,

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help.   Current total is $4,573 with a $10,000 goal...only 66 more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment