Friday, August 17, 2012

Start Corral E???


I received an email from the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and discovered I am in Corral E.  I thought...it must be a mistake.  Corrals are based on estimated finish time:  Elite, Corral A-D and then E-M.  Based on my finish time (I HOPE) I should be in Corral L.  Not the last corral but second to last :)

Then I realized I was assigned to Corral E because I am part of a Charity team.  It's good to be upfront (I think!) but I am afraid I will get trampled as 40,000 faster runners pass me by...






Some serious athletes will be passing me and I hope to be inspired by their speed and gracefulness.

I, by the way, am not graceful.  I have a habit a walking into things and tripping down and up stairs!  I recently tripped up the stairs when I had Chinese food delivered.  I'm sure the delivery guy had a good laugh as I tripped up the stairs and almost landed face first right at the front door!

I hope my "gracefulness" continues to cause only minors injuries between now and Marathon Day :)

Adding an unscheduled bike ride to my training this afternoon.  This will be the first time Jan and I will ride together since our bike wreck.  I hope my "gracefulness" doesn't cause any wrecks or injuries this time.  Have to be injury free for my longest run yet...16 miles tomorrow morning!


PS. Perfect night for TGIT at Uniquely Thursdays. I took a video of the band singing "We are Young" by FUN (reminded me of Lollapolaza) but when I watched it this morning...I realized you could hear me singing and I sounded awful :)

Your less than graceful friend Newbie,

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,848 with a $10,000 goal...only 51!!! more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



2 comments:

  1. Ryan had this issue too, as he is also running Chicago for charity (he's running for RMHC too!) He's aiming to run sub-3:10 though, so he contacted them about having his corral changed. From what I hear they're pretty good about that if you contact them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might move back but will probably stay where I am. I'm sure there are other charity runners that are slow too! Good luck with your Marathon!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm running 16 on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete