Thursday, August 23, 2012

"The enemy of the “best” is often the “good."



I haven't posted for a few days because I've been kind of blogged out :) 

But, when I read this facebook post from my friend and fellow NewbieMarathoner "Naples Jen" it made me smile and gave me inspiration to post again.


 "You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”"

-Stephen Covey


This quote resonates with me because it is so true...we often settle for "good" when we should be pushing for "best".   My marathon training has really been a "push" for me.  Running 16 miles last weekend was intimidating but I did it.  Everytime I accomplish something I am intimidated by it encourages me to "push" on to the next.  My wish for you today:  Push for best and don't settle for good enough.



I actually have a "training tip" today.  I found a new way to cool down after a workout.  I saw this towel and didn't believe it would actually work.  Through the miracle of modern technology, you just wet this towel with water and it stays cool.  You can use it over and over again.  I love putting it around my neck and over my head after a HOT run or after speedwork. 

I bought this at Sports Authority--it is awesome!
 
 
With my cooling towel after some INTENSE speed training


 
Your friend Newbie,


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $5,048 with a $10,000 goal...only 45!!! more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment