Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lollapalooza Day 2-Part 2


I was scheduled to run 13 on Sunday...Sunday morning plan turned into Sunday afternoon plan...I was all dressed and ready to run when I received a text from my friend Julie.  They were nearby having a drink at an outdoor patio with my brother.  I was faced with one of life's many CHOICES...go for a 13 mile run as planned...or meet my good friends and brother for a drink and some laughs.  I would like to say I ran...but I guess I needed to laugh more than I wanted to run :).  I will make up for it tomorrow with an EARLY morning LONG run!

Since I confessed to my coach I did not run on Sunday...my schedule for this week:

  • Monday-- 13 mile endurance run
  • Tues-- 1 hour of strength
  • Wed--short FAST run 4 miles (that is not short :))
  • Thursday--8 mile endurance run (my coach's notes "Yes--back to back run days because of your trip--legs will be good and tired for the trip")
  • Friday--travel to Whistler
  • Saturday--5 mile run
  • Sunday--One hour of any activity of my choice (Yeah!)

I had similar schedule last week and I successfully completed it.  It was tough but I did it.  If I can do it you CAN TOO!  (A race/or anything you want to accomplish)


To finish off my Lolla posts:

Video of Red Hot Chili Peppers



I was leaving Lolla early when I heard Avicii and saw the show in the distance. Wow! What a fantastic light show and the crowd was having a blast!! I ended up staying until the end of the show and Lolla and I'm glad I did.

Video of Avicii




Avicii Stage




Quote for the day compliments of Jimmy Johns (yes the sandwich shop).  I'm sure the employees say to each other "here comes that odd woman who orders the Vito and takes photos of our signs AGAIN" :)





PS.  Shelly, Joe told me you are a loyal follower and find my blog inspiring.  Thank you!  I am so happy you are inspired by it.  (and I know not all my posts are "inspiring" :) )


PSS.  Ran my 13 miles this morning and then went into the office.   Wearing flats today :)


Your friend Newbie
Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,698 with a $10,000 goal...only 63 more days until the Marathon and blog farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment