Monday, August 13, 2012

Training is ramping up!

I should have known better than to write my 5 mile run here was EASY!  My coach reads my blog everyday and now upped my mileage for my next run.  Now I am running 8 miles, not 6, on Monday morning.  And this weekend I am scheduled to run 16!  The longest I have ever run.


Hope I run faster than this at the Marathon!



Over the next few weeks the training really ramps up before it tapers down prior to the Marathon on October 7.  It will be difficult but I know I can DO IT :)  If you are training...I know you can DO IT too!


Survived our 8 gondola experiences today!  In fact, after a some initial fear, I really enjoyed it.  Like I said in my last post...the anticipation of your FEAR is always worse than actually conquering the FEAR.  And the sense of accomplishment is definitely worth it!  Maybe this doesn't apply to some people reading this blog...they are FEARLESS...but I don't think that applies to most...


I should be sleeping but the night sky is so beautiful and the temperature is perfect.  I am looking at the same stars I see when I gaze into the night sky in Chicago.  Makes the world seem smaller than it is...and we all connected...  No more philosophizing for tonight :)  (Not sure that is a word and if it is I probably spelled it wrong)


If I get a chance, I will post some photos and videos of our Peak to Peak experience...



Monday morning update:  Ran 6 instead of 8 this morning.  Have to save some energy for a hike with Bree today.  Bree and I heard a commercial on TV this morning...it said "Less than a loonie".  Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what that means...  It must be a Canadian phrase but we have no idea!  When I hear the term "loonie" I think of a crazy person but I don't think that was the intent :)


Time for today's adventures!  Heading home on Tuesday morning :(  I will miss Canada but I WILL be back :)


Your friend Newbie,


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes (I PROMISE) and the children of RMHC need your help. Current total is $4,848 with a $10,000 goal...only 55!!! more days until the Marathon and blog farewell
Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020







No comments:

Post a Comment