Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another NewbieMarathoner as a guest blogger

My new friend Jen also wrote a guest blog.  My friends are making my blogging project simple, less blogs for me to write.   I think I only have about 82 left to write! 


Jen's Guest Blog


Hello there! I am the newest guest-bloggie friend, my name is Jen!
This, like Sue, is my first marathon! I am having the time of my life training. This last week, I had the extraordinary opportunity to meet a new friend! I will add that I love meeting new friends! And Sue is definitely a person whom I will be friends with for a very long time! She is such an infectiously sweet person! From the second I met her I knew she was one of the good ones! And what's even better, she too is running in the Marathon and also for the Ronald McDonald House! Thanks to Jan, my life keeps getting fuller all the time!
While she was in Florida, which was only about 2 1/2 days, the three of us talked about our running styles. How many days, what our pace is like, what do you wear and many other things that will help us be better runners. We went to the beach, on an airboat ride, tried to see the sunset twice, went out on the boat and watched a dolphin play in the wake of our boat, laughed and generally speaking just had a fabulous time! I can't wait to get to Chicago and share the experience with these two amazing women!
Sue also brought her daughter Gabi to Florida. Gabi is quite a girl and it was pretty cool getting to meet her as well. I can tell those two are very close. It is a lot like the relationship I have with my kids! Did I mention our kids are the same age? They are.
I believe that people meet each other for a reason, some people come and go in your life because they are needed for a moment in time to help each other become better people. I believe I met Sue for that very reason!
Thanks Jan and Sue for a great week! I'm looking forward to many more great moments to come!
Thank you for your guest blog Jen and I too believe we meet people for a reason.  And, I am definitely glad I met you!  Thank you for the sweet post!



Have you met someone recently who inspired/motivated/touched you?  Reach out to them and let them know.
Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page

No comments:

Post a Comment