Saturday, July 28, 2012

Improved my long run time this week!


I know my coach will be proud of me and so am I :).  I was RAN the entire 11 miles with only two stops for water refills and once to adjust my heart monitor.  My coach knows how much I struggled at the beginning of my training and how I always wanted to run/walk.  I did not "whistle while I ran" today but I did sing a bit (when no one was around of course!)

I had my Nano on random and some interesting songs were selected...

"There She Goes Again" by the La's...reminds me of my training and how I have to run almost everyday!

"Over My Head" by The Fray...made me wonder if I am in over my head training for a Marathon.  The answer is NO :)

"Na Na Na" by My Chemical Romance...Bree's music motivates me (OK--not all of it!)  and we saw MCR twice together

Quirky but true....sometimes I dictate my blog while running.  It takes my mind off the mileage for a few minutes :)


Quote for the Day
"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
- Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Love this quote and applies to how I felt today.   So to all you runners, walkers, bikers or fellow NewbieMarathoners be strong today!

Thank you for everything coach Mary Ann.  You are AWESOME!!!




As a reminder to my readers, the purpose of this blog is to raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities.  The blog is a social media "experiment" to raise money for RMHC and my first effort at writing a blog.  I am not a coach or a trainer and this blog is my own personal account of my training (and some amusing stories about my life).

I was joking about running and marathon training being the dumbest sport/hobby ever. It is a great sport/hobby and did not mean to offend anyone. I hoped it was obvious I was joking with all the :)'s.

Until today, all the feedback I received about my blog has been very positive.   But, please let me know if any of my content has been offensive or if I am taking your picture and you would not like to be photographed for my blog.

I hope to motivate and inspire others to run or work toward any goal they have.  I am happy to say I helped inspire at least 5 people (their words not mine).  And, I am thrilled to mention I have raised $4,300 to date and hope to reach my goal of $10,000 over the next 71 days. 

Your friend Newbie


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is great - I don't see how anyone could find it offensive and while I currently don't like how I look in photographs, I'm happy to have photos that include me on your blog. It's just one small way to support what you're doing, which is amazing by the way! You should be incredibly proud of what you're accomplishing, not just with your running and training but how you're embarrassing life and new experiences (Ethopian food) and learning new things (blogging, photo collages). Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh - that should say EMBRACING life!!! This is what I get for typing on my iPhone while listening to Beethoven at Millennium Park.

    ReplyDelete