Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rock and Roll Weekend!- The Fun Part- Part 1A

Stopped by my coach's house for a pre-race pep talk...actually...I forgot my purse in her car last night after the party...I am forgetting lots of things lately!  Another sign of old age :)

Her plan for me tomorrow...AT LEAST THIS IS WHAT I HEARD :)

Run, run, run,  run some more, run, run, That's it you can do it, run, run run :)

She wants me to run all 13 miles tomorrow!!

So I told her...here is what I want to do...It will be HOT!  I want to walk a little too.  After some "arguing" we decided I could walk the water stops ONLY.  She knows me so well...I need to be pushed...still don't LOVE running...she keeps telling me I will...but still not feeling it :)

I am just kidding, she really did give me some pointers and a plan for tomorrow.  She is a wonderful coach and a great motivator.

Early bedtime and early morning tomorrow.  Setting my alarm for 4am!

To finish my early post:
Johnny Resnick from the Goo Goo Dolls was awesome!  I was standing about 5 feet from him and later took a picture together.



The best part of the Rock and Roll Weekend!




Thank you Jan for inviting me to VIP party!!  And to Scott Dickey and John Smith (and all the other FUN people I met from the Competitor Group) for hosting such a PERFECT event!

“All endeavor calls for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish spirit is the one characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers.”
-Henry David Thoreau
(I will try to keep this in mind when I am tired and HOT! tomorrow)



Your friend Newbie
Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
 Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page

No comments:

Post a Comment