Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Did I really sign up to run 26.2 miles???



After a looooong weekend of training in extremely hot weather and a bike wreck, I kept thinking "WHY"???



Why did I sign up for a MARATHON?
Why am I running in this HEAT?
Why didn't I unclip from my PEDALS?
Why did I sign up to raise $10K?


Looking at the course map...REALLY SCARES ME!


Wearing my new Tulane University shirt for inspiration during my weekend run.  I will miss Will when he leaves in August!!


The answer is because I CAN.    And SHOULD.    No time like the present. :)

I can do it...it will be DIFFICULT but I CAN DO IT.   Armed only with my coach's voice in my head "That's it...you can do it" and sheer determination.

My challenge is NOTHING compared to the challenges the children and families of RMHC are facing everyday.  If you are planning on donating...PLEASE DONATE TODAY :)










What can you/should you do???





“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
Eleanor Roosevelt


PS.  A women is finally in the top 5 fundraisers for the RMHC team.    And.... it's me :)


PSS.  If you are following my blog via daily email updates, for some reason the email was not sent out yesterday.  If you are interested in my rebuttal to Jan's guest blog please visit my blog.

Your friend Newbie,
Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020


2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain!! I ran a 16 mile run on Sunday and it was very disheartening to think that I had 10 miles to go!! I didn't feel too bad finishing, but I think I would have possibly died if I had to run another 10 miles, yikes!! What was I thinking signing up for this marathon?!

    But you know what? This fall, when we're both able to call ourselves MARATHONERS, we're going to look back at this and laugh!!

    You're awesome for keeping such an upbeat and positive attitude, reading this made me feel more encouraged too. Chin up, we're going to rock these marathons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Your encouragement helps me too! I am running the Rock and Roll Half on Sunday and it will be my longest training run to date.

    ReplyDelete