Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Was HOT! and FUN! Part 1

Finished my 4th Half Marathon in a little over 1 year.  Not bad, if I do say so myself, for someone who ran her first Half last May and didn't run one step until she turned 40.  This was not my fastest but it wasn't my slowest!  (close but not my slowest :)) 

Ran 2:25 for my first HALF (it was freezing and raining) and 3:02 for my slowest (Chicago Half Marathon--it was HOT and SUNNY!)

Today was HOT but not as sunny as I feared it would be.  I have a long way to go if I have any HOPE of finishing the Chicago Marathon in 4:55.  I only have a little over 70 days still to train!

As I usually do about half way into the race I think...what a dumb sport/hobby this is!!  Why don't I have a more enjoyable hobby.  :)

After the race there is nothing that feels as good as putting on dry clothes.   OK...there are some things that are better :)

Training up to this point has been difficult but now it's going to become GRUELING!  The number of miles will increase EVERY week...  This is uncharted territory for me.



Thanks for coming out to support me Shar!!!  And taking this action photo :)



My 2nd Rock and Roll Medal :)


PS.  The Newbie 5kr's I inspired (Philip, Shaukat and Doug) finally committed to a date and signed up for a Race on 9/23.  I am so excited for them!


Your sore friend Newbie


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment