Friday, July 13, 2012

NewbieMarathoner Roast

Hello everyone,

After spending almost a week with Jan she felt compelled to blog about me again.  Hope you have a great laugh...at my expense :) 


Jan's Guest Blog #2

Well it’s me again….Guest blogger, running friend, laughing buddy and loyal critic.

So let’s get right to that last role.  When I first wrote I talked about Sue’s repeated references about death.  Well…she is not doing that as of late.  In fact, as I have run with her more and this past week vacationed with her….I feel I know and understand her much more.

 So here are a few updates from a guest bloggers point of view.


Sue is an eternal optimist….very refreshing to see.  She is a peppy and positive person.  She is such a peppy person that I now have caught something that she does….and she didn’t even realize she did it.  She is a Whistler!!!!!  Yes, you heard it….a Whistler.  No not Whistler’s mother….actually THE whistler.  I think it is her way of sharing a positive aura for those around her.  I am thinking if her other friends have noted this “habit” of hers, and you feel the same as I do about “it’s nice but I wish her pitch were more on key” then maybe you can help as I stage an intervention. 



Another thing I have learned about Sue and her running.  She is very focused…..while she may complain about her coach…she is truly following her advice.  She is very fast….in fact so fast…that she breaks into a sweat.  Seriously….she is a great Sweater.  No…not the kind that keeps you warm…the kind that drips water.  I have never seen anyone perspire like her.  I am so jealous as sweating is one of the more healthy things one can do. I do know that this sweating is a result of the enormous amount of water she drinks when running.  She got a new water belt to wear when running and it has 3 bottles attached.  (mine only has 2)  Anyway…she sucks down the 3 bottles within her first few miles.  I had a suggestion that I think she may adopt and that is to tie a gallon jug on each side of her waist and run with that.  Picture Sue….smiling, whistling and SWEATING.  She definitely gets lots of attention on the lakefront trail.


I have a new nickname for her…..Sweaty.  Maybe she will tell you what my nickname is…..



And the last thing I will say I have learned about Sue….is what a good mother she is.  Gabrielle is the best daughter ever and I love to see how close the two of them are.  The two of them were guests of ours in Naples this past week and Doug and I thoroughly enjoyed having them.  We hope they will come back.


OOPs…one other thing I learned about Sue….she desperately needs donations to reach her goal for the RMHC Marathon.  She set a lofty goal (so Sue!) and is working hard to achieve it…..won’t you help her?????


The RMHC runners...or as we decided 3 new dwarfs to add to the existing 7.  Sweaty, Smutty and Speedy.  They promised they would whistle with me while we run the Marathon :)


Thank you Jan!  Rebuttal coming tomorrow...

 

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page


No comments:

Post a Comment