Saturday, July 7, 2012

Did I really take pictures of bathroom graffiti?

As odd and quirky as that may seem.... YES I DID :)  This post has nothing really to do with running or necessarily inspiration but I hope you find it amusing!  Some the most "interesting" bathroom graffiti I have ever seen but the penmanship is horrible.

For those of you who know me I take my phone everywhere...yes...even the bathroom.  It was in my purse and when I saw some of these quotes I knew I had to blog about it. :) 

Had an "easy" training day scheduled for the next day so I decided to indulge and to join a few friends for a night out.  Started the evening at Marigold's and had the BEST Indian food I have ever had.  Then a few doors down to the Green Mill.  This was my first visit to the Green Mill but I will definitely be back.


The Green Mill is a famous jazz club and is the oldest nightclub in Chicago.  Al Capone and his buddies hung out there and supposedly there are tunnels underneath and bullet holes in the wall.  See link below if you want to find out more.


http://www.greenmilljazz.com/history.html






Saw Howard Levy and the Acoustic Express.  Great performance!  Interesting remix of songs you would recognize...including Beethoven...but some you might not (I didn't).  Eclectic and fun crowd. 

From his website:  Multiple Grammy- Award Winner Howard Levy is an acknowledged master of the diatonic harmonica, a superb pianist, innovative composer, recording artist, bandleader, teacher, producer, and Chicago area resident. His musical travels have taken him all over the geographical world and the musical map. Equally at home in Jazz, Classical music, Rock, Folk, Latin, and World Music, he brings a fresh lyrical approach to whatever he plays.



Now for the long awaited graffiti!  Next time I visit the Green Mill I will capture more and might add one of my own :)  I've received lots of feedback on the quotes I have chosen to post.  Glad you are enjoying them and feel free to contribute.







Please donate
Your friend Newbie


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020





No comments:

Post a Comment