Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bike Wreck!!!

I almost killed my friend Jan today! 

We went for our cross training bike ride on Saturday morning.  We rode the first 6 miles pretty fast and uneventfully.  Just past the 6 mile point there is a place to turn around and stop for a drink.  Well...I was distracted (and no... I was not using my phone or videotaping or taking a picture) and forgot to clip out of my pedals.  I am still a newbie biker!  I tried to put down my foot to stop but it was clipped in...so down I went...and at that precise moment Jan decided to ride up next to me...luckily for me she broke my fall and I had a nice soft place to land :)




But Jan was not so fortunate.  She hit the ground hard!  Luckily she was wearing a helmet or she would have cracked her skull open.  Her helmet has a big dent and she has many scrapes, bruises and possibly a broken finger.  Also, one of her handle bars is completely twisted the wrong way.  She bore the impact of not only falling but the impact of me and my bike falling on top of her!  Jan is a tough cookie and refused to go to the hospital but her bike is not rideable.

I walked away without a scratch...thanks for breaking my fall Jan. That will teach her to write less than flattering guest blogs about me!  It's not always easy (or safe) to be my friend :)








I am thankful Jan is OK and I still have a friend and a training partner!!!

Your friend Newbie


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



No comments:

Post a Comment