Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rebuttal to NewbieMarathoner Roast



I hope you enjoyed Jan's guest blog.  I did!  I was with Jan when she started putting her ideas together and we both laughed so hard I cried.   Not only do I shed water when I sweat but also when I "cry".  I hadn't laughed that long and hard in awhile.


"A day without laughter is a day wasted"
Charlie Chaplin

About the whistling...I know I do it...but didn't realize how often.   Until somewhat recently, I could not whistle and was envious of people who could (I have no idea why!).   Well, after years of practice...and I'm still practicing...I can finally whistle...well kind of..sort of...  Hence my "off pitch" whistling :)

Jan said she never met a woman who whistles.  Really???  I can't be the ONLY one :)  If you are a closet whistler feel free to comment.  Gabi also mentioned that I have been whistling for years...and it is one of my "annoying" habits.  Again I said Really???  Why didn't you ever mention it to me before? 

We laughed that I was like one of the 7 dwarfs...whistling while I "run".  They suggested I should wear my black compression socks and buy a "water" backpack.  What I site I would be!  All I need is my thick glasses from 7th grade to complete the ensemble :)




About Jan's nickname...she is smutty because I have to remind her what is appropriate and NOT appropriate for the audience occasionally.  She is always hysterical and it is in good fun...not actually smutty.  Gabi thinks she is hysterical too and thinks I am being overprotective :)  I hear...OH Mom... often!

Jan is a great mother too.  She talks to her daughter multiple times a day and always sends her daughter a text first thing in the morning that says "Good morning Sunshine."  How sweet!

Enough about me...this blog is supposed to be about running, inspiration and fundraising!  But all the feedback I've received to date..unsolicited feedback :) indicates that you are enjoying my quirky and sometimes odd stories.  So...if you are enjoying my stories...please keep reading...donate...guest blog...and pass this blog on to a friend. 

Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020



No comments:

Post a Comment