Monday, July 23, 2012

Rock and Roll Race Day- Part 2

Race report:  My shin started hurting at Mile one and kept hurting thru Mile Five!  Then my left toes went numb...and my sides ached!  Hot, sweaty and so glamorous!  Um...No!  Again, this is the dumbest sport/hobby EVER :) 

But looking at the pictures now, makes me SMILE...and I rarely SMILE :)

I have to admit, I feel better after this "race" than I have after other Halfs.  Maybe it was because I was sloooooooow or because I wore my nerdy black compression socks for hours after the race (see previous post for a lovely photo of my compression socks.

The Rock and Roll events are always fun.  A band every few miles and a big after party with Cobra Starship.  If you are not motivated to sign up for a Half Marathon, a 5k is usually offered too.
For some inspiration, watch the video.  The end of the race is always inspiring!  People cheering and the thrill that comes with knowing you finished and it is OVER!








So true!  By the way, I "stole" this from my Canadian NewbieMarathoner friend.  Thanks Jen!




PS.  I hit $4,273 in fundraising!!!  But I only have 77 days to hit $10K.  If you don't feel like doing the math...that is $74.37 per day. 



PSS.  Had my best run to date early this morning! I was scheduled to run 5 miles...so I had a difficult decision to make...run in the morning while it was raining...or cancel my dinner with my friend Gail and run in the evening... Can you guess which one I choose???

Your inspirational friend (I hope!)
Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page

No comments:

Post a Comment