Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another run in with the police :)

Another post that has nothing to do with running except I was wearing my compression socks :)  Bree thought this story was funny so I had to post it.

After a long day, Bree and I went to let out our dog.  Well, the garage door was open and since there was an attempted break in at the house recently I was afraid to go in alone.

Bree was in her PJs and I wearing my dress "uniform"  (a casual dress I wear often and Jan calls it my summer "uniform")  The dress would have been OK but I was also still wearing my black knee high compression socks and gym shoes from my long run earlier that day.  We both just rushed out of the house to take out the dog and I remember saying to Bree, "Don't worry that you are in your PJ's WHO will see you??"   "Only the dog will see you."


Because the garage door was open when we arrived, I decided to call the police to check out the house before we went in. (I later discovered my son "probably" left open the garage open when he left)

Although I called the non-emergency number the entire police force (all 4 cars) arrived quickly.   They made a thorough search of the house while Bree and I waited outside and I was thinking are my neighbors wondering "WHAT IS GOING ON???"

After the officers said the house was all clear, I asked the officer if he wanted to see my license for identification and he said nonchalantly "Yeah sure".   I guess I did not look very suspicious! 

I apologized to the officer for my odd appearance (dress with black knee socks and running shoes) and he shined the flashlight on me and jokingly said "It's a good look on you" :)  Bree thought that was absolutely hysterical!

Thank you officers for responding so quickly!!  

Lesson learned...you never know WHO will see you...so don't leave the house wearing a dress, black knee high compression socks and running shoes :)   Saturday was a "interesting" day....



Sunday was a huge improvement with a birthday lunch for me and my OLDER brother Ed.




Quote for Today

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Mark Twain


PS.  Thank your Shar for your comments on my last post!  It was a real pick me up when I needed it.

PSS.  No day off for me on Monday.  Asked for two days off this coming weekend and my coach took away my day off :)  6 FAST miles tomorrow (I hope!)

PSSS...  finished my 6 mile run!  I definitely did not feel like running AGAIN today but I did it anyway.  I made "friends" again with my favorite trail.  I decided the hills would not conquer ME...I would conquer the HILLS!  The hills definitely slow down my pace but it is good training and luckily there are no hills at the Chicago Marathon :)

PSSSS...Had lunch with my friend Janice at the Indian buffet.  Tired from my run and now completely overfed.  I wish I could take a nap!  Janice...don't forget to donate :)


Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious story!! But I want to see a picture of you in your dress, compression socks, and running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought about taking one! But Bree was in no mood for my pictures taking fun and I couldn't ask the officers! In addition to my crazy outfit, my hair was a frizzy curly mess. It would have been hilarious :) Maybe I will sport that outfit to Rock of Ages play with you and Gianna :)

    ReplyDelete