Friday, July 27, 2012

Pretended I was an Olympic athlete


To get myself thru my first real speedwork session I pretended I was at the Olympics...

Coach Mary Ann told me I had to do some REAL speedwork on Thursday.  Run one mile EASY... then 1/2 mile SPEED intervals.  Which means....run as fast as I can for 1/2 mile...90 seconds of rest and repeat 3 more times.  Are you kidding???

I'm a middle aged woman not an elite athlete... but I said WHY NOT I will give it a try.  Actually, it was kind of fun!  While I was pushing myself to run FAST during the 1/2 mile intervals on the high school track I pretended I was at the Olympics.  Yes...the crowd was cheering for me and I finished in first place :)


So to Gail, Danna, Shaukat, Doug, Philip, Naples Jen and Canadian Jen...and anyone else who is training for their first 5K or other race...PRETEND you are in the Olympics.  Kind of feel like a SILLY GOOSE but motivating.


Quote for the day
No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.
~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Despite being tired from my speedwork, ended the day at Uniquely Thursday in Hinsdale.  Matt (Bree's guitar teacher) played drums for a few songs.  He sounded great and looked like he was having a blast!   Had a wonderful night with Danielle's mom, sister, nieces and nephews, and of course my fav baby, Madison.   Looking foward to going again soon.



Thank you Alyssa!  You were a great photograhper!

It doesn't look like it in this pic, but Madison had as much fun as her mommy Danielle!




Your Speedy friend Newbie


PS.  Today is a day of rest to gear up for my next 11 mile run on Saturday morning.  Hope it's cooler and I will run faster than the Rock and Roll Half!

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020


No comments:

Post a Comment