Saturday, July 7, 2012

I don't know what the future holds...


I love warm weather but this is getting ridiculous...

Running just 3 miles on Thursday was a killer...what will I do if it is nearly that hot on Marathon Day?? 

I will move my Friday long run to Sunday instead to wait for cooler temps.  11 miles on Sunday... AAUUGH!





I've heard alot about the "wall" that is hit at about 15-20 miles into the run.  You lose all the glucose in your system by that point...I am nervous about that!!!  Doesn't sound pleasant!

In this heat, I am really questioning if I can or should run the marathon. I have to be honest with myself...is this something I should be doing at this point in my life??? 

Despite my doubts...my answer is YES!  Not sure I will ever train for and run a marathon again but I will not let this challenge pass me by.  I am healthy and I am not getting any younger...it might be now or never...I don't know what the future holds... but I know what I need to do right now... I know in my heart this is something I can and should do...

So look in your heart...and act on what you find...


Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
– Carl Jung





 

Please donate...the donations are trickling in...so if you haven't donated yet...no time like the present :)

Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment