Monday, July 30, 2012

Tough training week ahead!

Because I asked my trainer to take off Friday and Saturday for Lollapalooza she said I could NOT take a day off on Monday.  Argggh...  why did I tell her so early in the week! :)



My schedule for this week
  • Monday-6 mile FAST run
  • Tues- One Hour Strength
  • Wed- 60 min FAST bike ride
  • Thurs- Speedwork! aka run my a_ _ off!   TWICE as many intervals as last week.   EIGHT 1/2 mile intervals...Yikes!!! I will have to pretend I am at the Olympics again
  • Fri Day Lollapalooza
  • Sat Day Lollapalooza
  • Sunday LONG RUN on the lake 13 Miles

My LONG run the following weekend is scheduled for 16 miles.  Ooops...  I forgot to tell my coach I will be in Whistler the following weekend.  I don't think Canadians run 16 miles :)  When in Canada do as the Canadians do!  I will have to break the news to her soon but I am sure she will find a way I can "fit" it in.  She will probably have me running on the track from 3-6 am!

I am really enjoying my cross training bike rides.  So much EASIER than running!  Finally picked up our bikes again after our bike wreck.  I was nervous riding with my feet in the clips again since that was the cause of the CRASH.  And, since Jan is out of town, I don't have a soft landing pad if I fall again. :) After a few minutes of nervous caution...I picked up the pace and enjoyed the scenery.



Bike all repaired!


Even if you don't have any DESIRE to run a Marathon, consider a half marathon.  It's much easier to train for and to wrap your mind around.  :)  After this marathon, I think the HALF will be my preferred race.



Jimmy John's serves delicious sandwiches and BRILLIANT suggestions on how to LIVE your life :)



PS.  In trying to think about anyone else I might have offended...I confirmed my chiropractor did not find my blog about him offensive.  I will not use the word offensive in this blog again.  It has been banned from my vocabulary.  Bree is fining me $1 every time I say the word or even write it.  I am up to $13 already...Oops make that $16 :) 

PSS.  Going to see Rock of Ages with Bree, Gianna and Shar on Tuesday. Shockingly, both of our daughters love 80's music!  They both really wanted to see the play after seeing the movie (I haven't seen it yet).  So in honor of the 80's I am going with "big hair" to tonight's performance.  Review and most likely a collage coming tomorrow.


PSSS.   Reached $4,498. Almost half way there!  69 days left to Marathon and blog end.  Yikes!! the average I need per day has gone up!  Now at $80.91 per day needed.  So to everyone who says said they WILL donate...please take a few minutes today....And please donate.

One final PS for the day...one of my loyal readers and my research colleague informed me ...over 98% of my readers have NOT expressed dissatifaction with my blog.  Only a researcher would come up with this type of statistics :)  Thanks Brent!!

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment