Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Grim Reaper is back!

Jan complimented me on my lack of quotes about death recently :)  Well I can't disappoint...so...back to the Grim Reaper :)



Actually it is relevant...  I almost died the other day!  A semi truck was not paying attention and almost ran me off the road.  I was on an on-ramp and there was no where to go except into the concrete barrier.  Luckily my car has great acceleration and the trucker noticed me at the last minute.  But it made my heart stop!  My life didn't pass before my eyes...but I did think about some of my "death" quotes :)

“As long as you live, keep learning how to live.”
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Happy Birthday to Coach Mary Ann!  Glad I am not as old as she is...she is a whole 6 days older than I am :) 



Speaking of my "old" coach...went for a run with my young trainer.  Damn 31 year olds...she is so fast...and kept pushing me in the 80 degree heat and humidity!  Luckily we took this pic before our run :)






Started Tuesday by overtraining...ran and biked so I can have a day off today.  Ended the day at my local Starbucks. They started serving wine and beer! What will they think of next to take more of my $$$.   If they start serving McDonald's french fries I will really be in trouble!




Speaking of food...the best Steak Cobb Salad is at White Chocolate...Jan considers herself a Steak Cobb connoisseur and thinks she found the best but I will prove her wrong. Lunch on Thursday at White Chocolate. I can't wait! She introduced me to Nabuki so I am sharing my favorite Steak Cobb place with her... We both run to eat...but I eat much more than she does :)

Happy 4th of July!  Had a blast at the parade.  It was hot!!!!  More pics tomorrow....


Waiting for parade to start...and waiting...and waiting :)



Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! A day off :) I know you don't celebrate the 4th in Canada but hope you have a great day too! I will send you info about the running belt soon.

    ReplyDelete