Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hot! Muggy! Buggy!!


Perfectly describes my runs this week.   Needless to say, less than pleasant!   Did I mention how much I LOVE ...um...no... running in HOT weather!!!  94 degrees is forecast for Sunday's Rock and Roll Half Marathon, with a low of 72.  The 72 will probably be at 3am.  Yikes!!  I heard last year it was overcast and rained a bit.  I can only hope :)








On to a totally unrelated topic...  Remember having your wisdom teeth extracted???  If you had them removed...I am sure you remember it.


Bree (formerly Gabi :)) had 4 wisdom teeth out. Ouch!! 



Because she has a small mouth opening she had to have general anesthesia.  It was scary for her and me!!!  IV in her hand, monitor hooked up to her heart, fingers and brain.  It was scary to watch her going under and when she was "asleep" with her eyes open.  It freaked me out so the doctor closed her eyes...and that was weird too.  It's been a long week for her with swollen cheeks and lots of pain.  Every parent knows how difficult it is to watch their child in pain and be almost completely helpless to ease their suffering.


Shared this with Bree to cheer her up!  Thought you might enjoy it too :)


While Bree was being put under general anesthesia and all this week,  I thought about the children and families of RMHC.  How anxious and scared those children and parents must feel.   And, how relieved they must be to have a place of comfort and solace in their time of need.  In a week or so Bree will be fine, and not to minimize her ordeal, but I'm sure it is nothing compared to challenges faced by the sick children of RMHC. 

I finally filled out my volunteer form for the the Ronald McDonald House and Bree and I will be volunteering soon. 

Your friend Newbie

Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment