Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our own Taste of Chicago



Sharlene, Gianna, Bree (formerly Gabi) and I have been meeting for dinner and exploring different types of food.  During our last dinner Gianna recommended Ethiopian so we all said "why not!"


Will Ethiopian Food become the next popular ethnic food? 


Not sure about that but it was "interesting".  The actual food was good but I was not a fan of the Injera, their "bread".  Gabi described it as cold human flesh.  Had the right texture, color and sponginess...  They don't use utensils and the bread is used to scoop up the food.  Since I was not a fan of the bread and there were no utensils....I would eat Ethiopian food again but next time I will bring a fork! :)


The brown stuff that looks like a folded napkin is actually bread! 


Not sure which world region is scheduled for our next outing



Speaking of Taste of Chicago, I made a short visit to the Taste last week.  Not a huge fan of the Taste but I heard some good music.  Took a pic of this corner because it was near the Shamrock Shuffle starting line and will be part of the Marathon course.  On Marathon day there will be as many people at this corner but instead of eating huge ears of corn on the cob and drinking beer...they will be eating GU and drinking Gatorade :)


Near Buckingham Fountain




Even while drinking wine, listening to music and people watching...I'm thinking of the Marathon!  :)

"Marathoning...the triumph of DESIRE over REASON" 

Your friend Newbie,


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

 Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020




4 comments:

  1. Hey there Sue!! I have still been a stalker of your blog, despite my lack of comments. :)

    This morning I finally went for a run! You know I broke a toe 1 day after signing up for my first 5K...inspired by you! Wel...I'm good to go now. Got up this morning and ran with 2 friends who are running the 5K with me. They started their training 3 weeks ago! I jumped in and kept up with them. Yeah...thought I'd have to slow down or stop more, but I didn't.

    In honor of your inspiration...check the donation page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for YOU!!! I was wondering why you donated again. thank you!!! You will be awesome in the race. I will make a prediction...you will run a half or maybe a marathon in the next few years :) Send me pics of your training team and I will post...or better yet...send me the blog you promised to write :) AND...your donation put me over the $4k mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabi/Bree was a trooper to try Ethopian food! I didn't mind the bread when eaten with the food which was all yummy, if a bit spicy. Next up is Italian I think. Little Italy here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was trooper!! What about me?? First time I ever had "bread" that was cold and had the consistency of skin :) but I agree the food was delicious and the atmosphere was cool. Little Italy and then I think Greek Town is next :) Loving our "Taste of chicago"

    ReplyDelete