Sunday, July 1, 2012

Great friends are priceless


This post has nothing to do with running, training or fundraising....  But is about friendship and how our friends inspire us and shape our lives...


But, it does relate to what doesn't kill you makes you stronger from a previous post.    I'm being silly but I have had many situations with my good friends Joe and Julie.    I've known Joe and Julie since high school. They knew me way before I was blogger and NewbieMarathoner :) 



Julie is a great friend and has always been there for me. No matter what... no matter when! She is so laid back I wish I was more like her.   Joe usually looks at me like he is not quite sure what to think...Kind of silly confused look at the things I say sometimes.  Not sure what that is all about but it is amusing.  They are a great couple and best friends.



This brings me to the "Firework in the face" story.  A few years ago Joe and Julie had a fun filled 4th of July party (they are great party throwers!)  As usual Joe had a spectacular fireworks display planned.  Midway into the display a firework when astray and shot into the crowd.  It was like something out of a war movie.  Shots firing...people running...and dodging the balls of fire.  Unfortunately Gabi was sitting on my lap and we did not react quickly enough.  I was hit in the face with a firework.  My lip was bleeding and swollen.  But luckily it did not hit Gabi.  A few inches lower and she would have been hit in the eye.  So... I still enjoy a firework display...I am the one way in the back...usually with my hand over my eyes...and ready to sprint.  Guess my marathon training will be useful come this July 4th!


In high school, I had a waterskiing incident with Joe and Julie.  I learned my lesson...I will never forget to release the tow rope again! Ouch! I will not tell you where I had rope burn.  But everyone at the summerhome that weekend remembers and reminds me of it often...  See what great friends remember about you :)

Spent the weekend at their summer home and...happy to report...no incidents this weekend!


Pushed it to 50 mph!  Lake speed limit is 35 but lake was empty :)

Better than training!


I'm sure you all have your own funny stories...so call a friend today and laugh about something silly!


Most of us don't need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with. 

~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

Yikes!  Only 98 days until marathon! Time to start singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall.


Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help

Link to my blog
http://newbiemarathoner.blogspot.com/

Link directly to donation page
http://teamrmhc.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1008711&supid=359448020

No comments:

Post a Comment