Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Over half way to 90


I recently told a friend I hope to live to be at least 90.  Well...when I woke this morning in Naples...I am officially in the 2nd half of my life :)  Hope it's not an omen that I am in the retirement capital of the US.  I am not ready to hang out with the AARP set yet!!


Started the day with a beautiful sky and rainbow at the beach.  Went for a quick...I mean...short run...not quick at all :)  And then a dip in the pool.  Great way to start my 46th year...actually I think I am starting my 47th year.

I was going to include a funny image of an "old" lady running but then I came across this inspiring story instead.   
Ida Keeling, 95-Year-Old Woman Sets Sprinting Record

The 95-year-old Bronx native set a world record at a track meet in northern Manhattan last week, running 60 meters in 29.86 seconds, according to ABC News. She's the oldest woman to do so.
At 4-foot-6 and 83 lbs Keeling says she has always been the oldest person at her meets. That might be because she didn't even take up running until she was 67. Since then, Keeling has set record after record, becoming one of the world's oldest sprinting legends.  No chance I will be setting any records even at 95!


Morning sky at run time

Rainbow just for me on my bday :)  I'm sure there are NEVER rainbows at the beach in the morning :)

No more time to write...heading to the beach club and then for a swamp tour.  I told Jan I hope I don't get eaten my an alligator on my bday and she said..."don't worry they like fresh young meat"...What a great friend!

Your friend Newbie
Please donate…it only takes a few minutes and the children of RMHC need your help
Link to my blog
Link directly to donation page

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day!! :)

    ReplyDelete